When you need your workers?
SESO Customers track the status of their visa applications via the SESO interactive H-2A timeline and receive alerts when the status changes.Get Started
H-2A Visa Checklist
75 days before Worker Start Date
First day to submit Job Order (Form 790A) to State Workforce Agency
- As soon as you submit a job order to SESO, we will submit the Employment and Training Administration Form 790 (ETA Form 790) to your State Workforce Agency. An approved ETA Form 790 is required to submit an H-2A application with the Department of Labor.
- Both you and SESO will be contacted within 7 days to confirm if the application is approved or if additional information is required.
60 days before Worker Start Date
Last day to submit Job Order (Form 790A) to State Workforce Agency
45 days before Worker Start Date
First day to submit H-2A Application (9142) to DOL
- Once the State Workforce Agency approves your job order, SESO will submit a H-2A application to the DOL's Chicago National Processing Center (CNPC).
- All information required for the H-2A application is collected during your initial job order submission to SESO.
30 days before Worker Start Date
First day to submit H-2A Petition (I-129) to DHS
- Once the DOL has certified your H-2A application, SESO will complete and submit a Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker application (Form I-129) to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (part of the Department of Homeland Security)
15 days before Worker Start Date
Last day to submit H-2A Petition (I-129) to DHS
10-15 days before Worker Start Date
Workers submit DS-160. SESO can handle all recruiting related tasks
Workers Pass Consulate Interviews.
Workers approved at port of entry and travel to worksite.
0 days before work
First Day of Work
- SESO will help you prepare for employee onboarding to ensure you are managing your H-2A workforce in a manner compliant with DOL labor laws.